What Information Do We Collect?
- We collect personal information you give us, either by registering as a member on our Site or by participating in Interactive Areas if and when available on our Site. Personal information is information that identifies a person, such as a name or address.
- We may collect demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, geographic location) from third parties to enhance our advertising activities.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Our Site uses your personal information to communicate with you and to complete purchases of print editions, other subscriptions, tickets to events and other services we may offer.
- We may leverage your personal information and aggregate information with third parties who co-sponsor surveys, contests or sweepstakes or with whom we partner for joint activities, however, we do not pass your information on to anyone specifically, except in rare instances such as for co-marketing with RSA Conferences or other conference events which we inform you about.
- We may share your personal information with operational providers that help us fulfill certain business functions and with other third parties to comply with legal processes such as subpoenas and court orders and when we believe in good faith that the law requires the sharing of your personal information.
- We or our operational providers use information collected through cookies and other technologies to analyze site usage activity and patterns to help improve the Site.
- Our third-party advertising company partners may collect non-identifying information derived from cookies and other technologies about your visits to our Site. They may combine this information with data about your web activities at third party website or with demographic information to identify your likely interests so that they and we can provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements. This is often called Behavioral Advertising.
What Choices Do I Have About How My Personal Information Is Used?
- Once you provide our Site with personal information, we will correct, update, or remove information if you contact us using the information listed below.
- Additionally, you can opt out of any email communications you receive from our Site using the opt-out links found at the bottom of each email we send.
- If you would like to opt-out of the Behavioral Advertising done by our Site’ third party advertising company partners, most are NAI members. You can click here for more information on NAI, including instructions on how to opt out of this advertising.
- We use iContact double-opt-in emailing service in compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act. You can opt out of our mailings anytime by clicking the OPT-OUT button or hyperlink at the bottom of any email we send you or email us at email@example.com if you ever have a problem opting out of our emailing services.
What About Links to Third Party Website?
Is My Personal Information Protected?
We endeavor to safeguard and protect your personal information. When you submit personal information on our Site, such information is protected both online and offline. Only employees and supervisors with specific authorization have access to databases containing visitors’ personal information. The databases are protected in a secure facility. Credit card information is transmitted via encrypted technology. Please be advised that, although we take reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, our Site cannot warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data through our Site is at your own risk.
What if Cyber Defense Magazine is Sold or Goes Out of Business?
In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with, another entity, or in the event of a sale of assets or a bankruptcy, Cyber Defense Magazine reserves the right to transfer your personal information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets.
What About Children’s Privacy?
We have developed our Site to appeal to visitors over the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 13. If we learn that we have personal information for a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
How Can I Ask Questions or Raise Concerns?
Contact us at:
Attn: Gary S. Miliefsky, Publisher
PO Box 8224
Nashua, NH 03060-8224
Cyber Defense Magazine is wholly owned and operated by Steven G. Samuels LLC, a limited liability publishing company, incorporated in 2012 in the State of Nevada, USA. All rights reserved worldwide. Cyber Defense Magazine ® is a registered trademark of Steven G. Samuels LLC.