Point3 Security “Virtual Vegas” Sessions Feature Topics Such as the Human Brain and Cybersecurity, Reverse Engineering Malware, and Pros & Cons of The NICE Security Workforce Frameworks
Point3 Security, leaders in advanced training of cybersecurity professionals through gamified challenges, will conduct several “Virtual Vegas” cybersecurity sessions on August 4-6, 2020, to serve cybersecurity professionals whose attendance plans for the industry’s foremost cybersecurity conferences have changed due to COVID-19 travel and gathering restrictions.
“The COVID-19 crisis has deepened the need for timely, continuous training for cybersecurity professionals, while depriving these front line experts of the threats and skills insights they and their organizations most need to ensure their defenses are shored against continually evolving threats” – Tweet this
- Hacker Hippocampus – 10 a.m. PT / 1 pm ET – August 4, 2020 Always on the edge of your seat when it comes to new exploits and tricks? From bug bounties, CTFs, live hacking events, simulations, and interactive educational modules, they have been proven to stimulate and enforce new tools and knowledge to become stronger Red Teamers. But how does our brain process gamification and threats as hackers? This gamified/interactive talk shares how our brains are stimulated by them and how to up your game. Conducted by Chloé Messdaghi, Point3 VP of Strategy and Founder of WeAreHackerz (https://www.wearehackerz.org/), the global community of marginalized genders who hack.
- Team America and Beyond – 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET – August 4, 2020 How leading cybersecurity companies are teaming up to empower bug bounties! Conducted with representatives of Synack and Point3 Security.
- Securing Talent for Your SOC – 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET, August 5, 2020 Enterprise organizations around the world leverage security operation centers (SOC) to monitor network activity and mitigate threats. While many SOC activities are being outsourced and automated, the demand for talent is higher than ever. Organizations need SOC analysts among their ranks and offer one of the greatest starting points for a multitude of career paths in the field. This webinar session covers how organizations should find, train, and utilize SOC analysts to forge a future for their organizations, and why cybersecurity newcomers should target the SOC. Conducted by representatives of CyberVista.
- Red Team, Blue Team, Malware – 3 p.m. PT / 6 pm E.T., August 5, 2020 This is a deep dive on reverse engineering of some malware samples and a review of the efforts involved in writing command and control servers for that malware. This talk will also discuss using that malware in a training environment to provide realistic adversary emulation for Blue Teams.
- Hunting People’s Happiness – 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET, August 6, 2020 An overview of Point3 Security.
- NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework: The Good, The Bad, and the FUgly – 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET, August 6, 2020 The NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework has seen incredible adoption rates across organizations of all shapes and sizes. It attempts to help cybersecurity managers evolve to a skills-based hiring model. So, how effective has it been? What are the pitfalls? Any lessons one can learn from the early adopters? In this presentation you will explore how the framework is organized, how your organization can leverage it to remove inefficiencies and bias from your hiring practices, and how to improve recruiting and retention metrics. Conducted by Evan Dornbush, CEO, Point3 Security.
“The COVID-19 crisis has deepened the need for timely, continuous training for cybersecurity professionals, while depriving these front line experts of the threats and skills insights they and their organizations most need to ensure their defenses are shored against continually evolving threats,” said Point3 Security CEO Evan Dornbush. “Virtual Vegas provides new insight both into the latest threats and the incredible value of upskilling for our front-line cybersecurity teams.”
For more information and to register for sessions, please visit Point3 Security at: https://www.ittakesahuman.com/BlackHat.html
Source: Point3 Security Inc.
Founded in 2014, Point3 Security, Inc. is a premier information security organization that provides the industry with the training and analytical tools to enhance its workforce. Recognizing the industry’s increasingly complex threats, Point3 Security, Inc. provides game-based challenges that identify and cultivate cybersecurity talent for professional organizations. Point3 Security was recently named one of Inc. 500’s top fastest growing companies. For more information please visit ittakesahuman.com.