For the past three years, Defence IQ’s Countering Drones Conference has been platforming issues involving drones and inviting key stakeholders to join the discussion about making improvements to the regulatory environment, and examining the kinetic solutions that can support real action taking place to defeat these devices.
Event Description (Max 20,000 Characters):
In thirty three hours of disruption during the Gatwick incident last December, airlines lost over £500 million and, after subsequent losses, this figure has become much higher. The cost of being unprepared for drone incidents is huge and the consequences of inaction present a huge risk to security professionals.
This rapidly developing threat reaches far beyond civil aviation to wider security in critical national infrastructure, law enforcement, events and others. This will form the basis of the 2019 Countering Drones Conference, where we welcome our strongest speaker faculty to date who will discuss the key issues surrounding threat, risk, resilience, technology and incident response.
Five reasons to attend the Countering Drones Conference:
- Gain an understanding of what future drone threats look like and how to prepare your organisation for them
- Acquire the knowledge of how to respond effectively to drone disruption cooperatively with other organisations and agencies
- Align your current plans with the latest solutions and recommendations from leading experts
- Deepen your knowledge of risk and security to understand how to protect your organisation more cost-effectively
- Influence future policy and demonstrate thought leadership by contributing to discussions with key industry experts
- Brian Harrell, Assistant Director, Infrastructure Security, U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Department of Homeland Security,S. Government
- Peter Clarke, Director C-UAS,UK MoD
- Helmut Spahn, Director Security,FIFA
- Nicolas Marcou, Director, Drone Programmes,Directorate of Civil Aviation Security (France)
- Hussain Alhallaf, Security Director,Riyadh Airports
- Colonel Jean François Morel, Counter UAV Lead,Gendarmerie Nationale
- Full speakers list can be found on the event website